Tuesday, October 8, 2019

08.10.19 - O pássaro que come pedra sabe o cu que tem

Hallooooo,

Hope all well witchu.  I finally managed to leave my 2-square-mile patch on Friday night, eloping to Zurich in the dead of night via several trains and tunnels to meet up with Alex and see the sights - there wasn't a lot going on other than the (mostly- sold-out) Zurich Film Festival, but it was still wildly more entertaining than S-chanf, and had actual people on the streets, restaurants, etc.

We took a funicular up to the university to check out the view, then back down for a burger, quickly sidestepped a far-right march which had lured us in with oompah music, and on to Zug, which wasn't nearly as provincial and tiny as I'd been led to believe. We went to the cinema to watch Ad Astra (which was alright as Sad-Men-in-Space movies go, but I'd much rather have been watching either Space Odyssey or Apocalypse Now), checked out the aviaries and the town museum (which included plenty of armour and had an exhibition on Switzerland during the Cold War), then I headed back after a farewell pizza to do my washing.

Since then I've been back to work and back to the job hunt, with ever diminishing returns, but who knows what the future holds eh.  I've made another compilation (including a novelty Cold War-era hit by Louis Prima which I heard in the museum), and the phrase of the week is one I learned together with you in Ilhabela: "the bird who eats rocks knows the *ssh*le he has". All rather visual really.

Ciao for now,
(A Fish Rots) From the Fred Down

No comments:

Post a Comment