Tuesday, January 24, 2017

24.01.17 - Kkkk

Wotcha,

Not much to report this week from a rainy São Paulo, where the people upstairs seem to have started building a bowling alley right above my head... On Friday I made a mean mango mousse cake, although I won't post any photos as they make it look like a tupperware full of sick (presentation needs work, but it tastes pretty good!). Gaby and I also made our speciality, sweet & sour chicken with Thai rice - no photos of that either, as I ate it all before we had the chance.

On Saturday we went to Santo André for a BBQ, thus completing my tour of the "ABC" trifecta outside São Paulo, in reverse chronological order (São Caetano do Sul, São Bernardo do Campo, Santo André). The city itself isn't much of a looker but we passed an "Avenida Príncipe de Gales" ("Prince of Wales Avenue") on our way, which I must remember to mention to Charles when I next see him...

Although my new headphones have been doing some seriously heavy lifting in the noise cancellation dpt. this week, the upshot is another compilation... As for my Phrase of the Week: "kkkk" is the Brazilian "LOL", used online as an onomatopoeia to denote mirth, rather than any allegiance to the Ku Klux Klan (although the similarity often leads to hilarious, po-faced Facebook posts by concerned elders, scolding the youth for inadvertently promoting right-wing extremists).  

That this PotW coincides with the inauguration of our new Leader of the Free World is pure coincidence

While we're at it, and for the avoidance of doubt, "bjs" is short for "beijos" ("kisses") and not whatever you're imagining; and "abs" is "abraços" ("hugs"), unless I'm misinterpreting everyone wishing me fabulous abs via WhatsApp. Now you should have no trouble blending in with the Brazilian Twitterati...

Best regards,

No comments:

Post a Comment